Why is my Zoom account limited? It appears my meetings have time limits, and I cannot use features like Breakout Rooms.
Free and/or personal accounts on the Zoom service often have more limitations on the available features (e.g. Breakout Rooms). When using Zoom for learning, teaching, or working at the University, make sure to connect in the following ways to access all of the features available to the U-M community:
- If you are using the web, you will need to log in at the U-M Zoom web portal: umich.zoom.us
- If you are using the Zoom App, you will need to use the single sign-on (SSO) login, and set umich as the domain:
Note: In cases where you previously used your @umich.edu email address to set up a personal Zoom account, you will need to link the accounts in order to access the features available to U-M users:
- Ensure that you are signed out of all existing Zoom accounts
- Navigate to the U-M Zoom web portal: umich.zoom.us
- Once you sign in again with your U-M email address and password, your accounts should be linked, as verified in your Zoom profile page
Further information on using the available features of Zoom at U-M can be found on the ITS Zoom Videoconferencing website.