How do I update the contact information for my site?
The Contact box appears on every page of the site, and provides site visitors with an easy way to obtain more information. The Office of Communications & Marketing (email@example.com) can provide images for each Contact person. If no image of the Contact person is uploaded or available, a default image of the Lurie Engineering Center will appear. The Contact person may be overridden individually for each page, although the default will be the site Contact person.
To edit the Contact person for the entire site:
- Click on Appearance in the left navigation, then click Customize:
- Click on Contact Person to view the menu:
- Enter the information you wish to display for your site's contact into the appropriate fields. For a list of useful building abbreviations, see: http://www.engin.umich.edu/buildingabbreviations
- To upload an image for the site contact:
- Obtain a properly-sized image (225px x 225px) for the site contact. For an individual's headshot, contact the Office of Communications & Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or, keep the generic image. It can be downloaded directly from: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/images/wp-images/wp-default-contact-photo.jpg.
- Click on the Select image button, and select the appropriate file from your computer. If no image is uploaded, a default image will appear.
- Click Save & Publish.
Hide Contact Box
If you do not want the Contact box to be shown at all, you have two options; you can hide it altogether, or move the information to a small area on the left of the footer, as shown below: