How do I create a CAEN lecture recording site, and link it to my Canvas course site?
Note: In order to link CAEN lecture recordings to Canvas, you will need to have the "Teacher" role in the Canvas course site.
To begin, first make sure the "Lecture Recordings" option is enabled, and available in the course's navigation menu:
- Log into Canvas, and navigate to your course site.
- Click Settings in the left course navigation menu (typically at the bottom of the menu).
- Click the Navigation tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the available options until you see Lecture Recordings.
- Click the dotted menu icon to the right, and select + Enable:
- This will add the "Lecture Recordings" option to your active navigation menu items; you can then drag-and-drop it to your desired location in the menu.
- Finally, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
Note that if it does not immediately show up in your course's navigation menu, you may need to refresh your browser.
In order to link your Canvas course site to a lecture recording site, click the new Lecture Recordings option you just added to the navigation menu. You will then be presented with options to request a new CAEN lecture recording site, or link to an existing site:
- If the setup tool recognized your Canvas course site, click the This is correct button, and it will automatically create your lecture recording site based on the course information.
- If option 1 wasn't provided or you need to request a new lecture recording site, click New Site Request.
- If you already have an existing lecture recording site and it is listed, click the name of the site to link it to your Canvas course site.
If you select option 2 for a New Site Request, you will be taken to an online form, similar to what is shown in the example below:
Once you submit the form, you are done, and lecture recordings will begin to automatically post to your Canvas site.
If you linked to an existing site as shown in option 3 above, you should automatically see the index of recordings displayed.