How do I add the expansive "Meta Slider" to my site?
Log into your WordPress site to access the Dashboard, and click Meta Slider in the left menu:
- Click the + New symbol to add a new slider:
- Enter a descriptive name for your slider by replacing "New Slideshow" in the tab title (e.g. Front Page Slider):
- To begin adding slides, click the Add Slide button on the top-right:
- Select an existing image from the Media Library, or click Upload Files to upload a new image, then click the blue Add to Sliderbutton.
- Note: Images used in the Meta Slider should be quite large, and all images in the slider should be the same dimensions, width and height, as each other.
- Optionally. you can add a Caption to display over the image, or a URL to link to when the image is clicked on:
- Click the SEO tab to add a Title or Alternate text to the image:
- Repeat these steps until all of your slides have been added to your Meta Slider.
Configuring the Meta Slider
To the right of the screen, you will see an area with various settings for the slider.
- Select the dimensions you would like the images in your slider to be displayed on the page. It may take some trial and error before you get the exact dimensions that look best for your site:
- Expand Advanced Settings by clicking on the drop-down arrow to the right.
- CAEN recommends to edit your slider's settings to match the following screenshots:
- Click the blue Save button when you are done.
Adding the Meta Slider to your Site
- From your site's Dashboard, select Appearance >> Widgets from the left menu:
- Add the Meta Slider widget to the Slider widget area. Select your slider from the drop-down list; leave the Title field blank.
- Similar to widgets, you should also set the Visibility for the slider if you only want it to appear on certain pages:
- Click the blue Save button.