How do I embed a Google Map into a page in WordPress?
Embedding a Standard Google Map
- Go to Google Maps and search for the address of the location you wish to display.
- When the map appears, click on the Share button located just under your search result.
- Click on the Embed map tab and copy the code in the box. You can use the drop-down menu to change the size of the map which will update the code in the box:
- When you have copied the code, login to your WordPress site and click on Pages and then Add New to add a new page or All Pages to open an existing page.
- Go to the Text Editor and paste the code. Now you can choose to click on the Save Draft, Update, or Publish button.
For more information, refer to the main Google Maps Help page.
Embedding a Custom Google Map
- Go to Google Maps Engine and select Create a new map or Open a map if you've already created one:
- After your map is loaded, click Share in the upper right hand corner.
- A Sharing Settings window will appear where you can select who can see your map. Make sure "Public on the web" is chosen. If another setting is chosen, click Change and select "Public on the web" and click Save.
- Once you have closed out of the Sharing window, click the folder icon and select the "Embed on my site" option from the drop-down menu. An "Embed this map" window will appear with HTML code for your map. Copy this code.
- Login to your WordPress website, then go to Pages and select Add New to add a new page or All Pages to edit an existing one.
- Select the Text tab to open the Text Editor and paste the code. Then click Save Draft, Update, or Publish.
For more information, refer to the Google Maps Engine Help page.