How can I integrate a Google Calendar as part of my WordPress site?
Google Calendar is a free calendar application from Google that makes it easy to keep track of life's important events all in one place.
Note: You must be an Administrator for a site in order to embed the Google Calendar code.
Embedding a Google Calendar
You can embed a Google calendar into your WordPress.com blog by using the Google calendar embed code. To generate your embed code, please follow these steps:
In Google Calendar, hover over your calendar name and click on the ellipsis. Select the Settings and sharing link.
Click the Access Permissions tab and make your calendar public by checking the checkbox next to Make available to public.
Click on the Integrate Calendar tab and copy/paste the Embed code into the Text tab of your blog. The embed code contains your Google account name, so be sure you're okay with making that name public.
Here is an example of what an embedded calendar will look like.
Embedding a Google Calendar into your Sidebar
- Follow the steps above and copy the code.
- Go to your Widgets page (Appearance -&&&> Widgets from your blog's Dashboard).
- Add a Text Widget to your sidebar.
- Add a title to your widget (if you want one).
- Paste the shortcode into the text widget.
- Press the Save button and go to your blog and admire your awesome new calendar.
Syncing iCal with Google Calendar
Although we don't currently offer a way to embed iCal, you may sync iCal with your Google Calendar account and have your events show up in the embedded Google Calendar.
- When adding Google Calendars to your WordPress.com blog, do NOT manually open the shortcode as you normally do with other services (i.e. do not begin typing the shortcode and then paste the calendar code). This will not work.
- Customize your calendar at the Integrate Calendar tab, by clicking on "CUSTOMIZE".