How do I hide the members of my MCommunity group from being listed publicly?
Updating the member visibility of your MCommunity group so they are hidden from the public prevents malicious third parties from knowing who is in your group, and whom they may need to impersonate when forging email. Simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to mcommunity.umich.edu, and click Log In in the upper-right corner (if you are not already logged in).
- Click My Groups in the upper-right corner:
- Find the group you wish to update in your list, and click on the name. This example will use a group named My Departmental List:
- Next, click the Settings tab:
- Ensure that people cannot join the list by selecting Owners must add members. This will make it so membership in the list is controlled only by list owners:
- To prevent anyone from obtaining a list of members in your group, ensure that Members list is viewable by is set to Only members.