How do I hide the totals for my students' grade summaries in Canvas?
By default, the total course grade will appear for students in their Canvas Grades area, and automatically re-calculates whenever you add or change an assignment grade. Instructors may choose to hide the total course grade from their students until they are completely finished grading for the term. If you do not want your students to see this data, follow the instructions below:
- Login to Canvas and select your course in which you want to hide the grade summaries.
- Click on Settings at the bottom of the left navigation menu.
- Click on the Course Details tab at the top.
- At the bottom of the list of settings, click the more options link.
- Tick the check box next to the Hide totals in student grades summary option.
- Click the blue Update Course Details button.
Students will no longer have access to the grade summary information.
Further information on this setting is available in the online Canvas Instructor Guide.