How do I add a "Slider" (i.e. image rotation) to a page on my site?
An image rotation (or Slider) is a collection of images or photos that you can choose to display in a slideshow to your website visitors. Groups of related photos (or Slide Groups) are made viewable via the Home Page Photo Slider (shown below) or the Page Body Image Slider. The Home Page Photo Slider can only be displayed on pages that use the Home template.
To create a new Slide Group:
- Go to your site's Dashboard.
- Click on Slider in the left sidebar menu.
- Click on Add New.
- Enter the Group Name. This name will be used by you to identify the group of images, and will not appear to a website visitor.
- Select Default in the Template drop-down menu.
- Click Add Slide Group:
Once the Slide Group is created, you can start adding images to it:
- Roll the mouse over the Group Name and click Edit:
- To add a new slide to the group, click the Add New button. You can then add the slide attributes:
- Scroll down to enter the Title and Description.
- Choose an image from the Media Library by clicking on the Upload or choose image button. *
- Once the Upload slide background image screen appears, click on the desired image and click Use as a background image.
- Optionally, in the Slide Link area, select a link to appear when the image is clicked. Select either A page or post on this site or An external link. It is entirely optional for the image to have a link.
- Click Save to record the changes.
*Note: Images in a photo slider are displayed on the page with dimensions of 600 pixels wide by 300 pixels high. Ideally, images that you add to the slider should be re-sized and cropped to these dimensions (or a 2 wide by 1 high ratio). Otherwise, the slider will automatically re-size the image, and may stretch or cut off portions of the image to fit these dimensions.
Once you have added all your images to the Slide Group, and are ready to display it on your page:
- Go to the page, and click the Edit Page button.
- Scroll down to the Custom Fields section located immediately below the edit box for the page's body content.
- Select the Slide Group you just created from the Photo Slider drop-down menu, and click the Update button: