How do I add an image or file to a page on my WordPress site?
- Edit the page in which you want to insert your image/file.
- Make sure you are in the Visual tab, not the Text tab.
- Place your cursor where you want the image (or link to the file) to appear and click on the Add Media icon found directly above your editor.
- Click on the thumbnail image/file you wish to insert.
*Note: If you do not see the file you wish to insert, you can upload it to the Media Library by following instructions from the Uploading an image or file to the Media Library section of this document. You can also choose to add files from a website using the Insert From URL option. Once you have chosen your image, fill in the following information:
- Title – Text displayed as a tooltip (when a mouse is hovered over the image).
- Caption – Image caption displayed directly underneath the image.
- Alternate Text – Text read by screen reading software for those with visual disabilities.
- Description – Text displayed with the image in your dashboard and attachment pages on your web page.
- Alignment – The position of the image within your post or page. You can align a picture left, right, or center.
- Size – The size of the image.
When finished choosing your image settings, click the Insert into page button.